Saturday, June 11, 2011

it's not as easy as it looks...

A recent excerpt from Abby's journal:

being 11-months-old is hard work. if i had known months ago what i know today, well, i may have waited to start crawling and exploring. there is never a dull moment around here... if i'm not being chased by my sister, i'm being licked by dogs or picked up by my mom and dad riiiiiight before i get into something that is bound to be a lot of fun and no doubt entertainment for hours. anyway, my daily activities include, but are not limited to:

... inspecting the dogs ...
after all, they lick me.

... putting random objects in my mouth ...
the things my mom has pulled from my mouth
in the last few days alone would be
enough to turn her into our local DCFS.

(mallory is pretending to be asleep.
what an attention hog.)


... eating lots of fruit and...well, anything really ...
my mom calls me garbage guts,
but maybe that's because I had chili for dinner tonight.

... driving ...
and believe me, i'm good.

... clearing toys off shelves ...
seriously. if this was a sport
i would take first place every time.
(do you see me putting that thing in my mouth?)

... emptying the pantry ...
(see "clearing toys off shelves")

... putting things in my nose ...
i didn't even do this on purpose,
but doing it occasionally will keep life interesting.
i just know it.

... splashing in the dog water ...
are you kidding me?
it's a bucket of water waiting to be splashed in.
could you resist?

as i said, exhausting.
it's the only possible explanation as to how i fell asleep...

... folded in half.
i can't even imagine what 12-months-old will be like.
or what about being two-years-old?

my mom and dad are always telling my sister,
"ohhh, being two is sooo hard."

yikes.
sounds scary.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Love her! Too cute for words!