Monday, June 6, 2011

Disney World - Day 5: Epcot

I am totally slacking on the blog lately ... ugh. These long posts are time consuming, but such a good journal of our memories. Not a day has gone by that Mallory hasn't made reference, in some way, to our trip. After dinner tonight she wanted to go see the "Nemo" show. It breaks our heart ... we want to go back!

So, here is the last entry from our trip to Disney. EPCOT! For some reason, we were reaaaaaally early on this last day. Look at how empty the lanes are! I have to say, I think Epcot gets a bad rep as boring or too educational (ha). Personally, I would have loved to spend more time there ... I'm sure we could have spent an entire day just walking through the "countries", listening to music and enjoying other entertainment, including adult beverages! Even still we had a fun-filled, exciting day. I'm just sayin'.
Again, since we were early... DAISY DUCK ... no line! Mallory actually cried when we walked away from Daisy.
The week before we got to Disney World, Epcot wrapped up their annual garden festival and as a result there were character topiary every which way we turned. You know I love it.
While everyone else rushed to the rides, we had less than a 10 minute wait to see more friends.
No, no, Minnie is not eating Mallory's head ... Mallory asked to give her a kiss.
If you ask Mallory about Goofy, she'll tell you he's "big and ta-w and has wong ears".
We walked right on to the Finding Nemo ride... seriously, the park was EMPTY.
We also went to "Turtle Talk with Crush" from Finding Nemo ... about halfway through, the girls lost interest. We stuck around though, the adults found it hilarious since there was a good amount of adult humor. At one point during the show a kid named Jack asked a question and "Crush", proceeded to ask the kid his favorite color, favorite food, where he lived, etc. After Jack answered his questions, Crush said, "You might be wondering why I'm asking you so many questions since this show is supposed to be about me. Well, I just don't want anyone to be able to tell me that I don't know Jack."

Ba dum ching.
Like I said, adult humor. Kept us chuckling.

Next on our list was Soarin'. I'll go out on a limb and say it is by far one of the coolest rides, if not the best, we went on while at Disney. As I'm writing about it, I wish we would have gone on more than once ... or that I could go on it again now! It's really like nothing else I've ever been on. Indescribable. Google it. :)

To keep the girls occupied while waiting, we also went on the Living with the Land boat tour to explore how innovative technologies permit food growth while preserving the environment. It brought a whole new meaning to gardening and I would highly recommend it!

We had been hoping to meet Tinkerbell, so after lunch we jumped in line ... it was 11:45 am. Well, she is a popular fairy! We wouldn't get to see her until 1:00 pm! So while Summer waited in line I took the girls are on quasi photo shoot to kill time.
They are both (or maybe all young children are) obsessed with picking flowers!
OVER ONE HOUR LATER:
She was TOTALLY worth the wait!

The last stop on our (my) Epcot list was the elusive ...
and "Practically Perfect in Every Way"
MARY POPPINS.
(Mary Poffins, according to Mallory)
We were EXCITED!
She asked us if we were on "holiday".
Love it.
Yes, Mary, we were!
(And "It's a jolly holiday with Mary...")
Okay, well, Ms. Poppins was initially the last stop on our list, until we passed the water fountains. Casey and Brian went to use their Test Track fast passes and Summer and I watched the girls dance around in the water for well over an hour. I am betting it was a major highlight of their trip.
"I am cold and shivery, Momma."
"Should we get some dry clothes on?"
"Um... no danks!"
Oh, Disney World, how I miss your character flower beds and topiary.
Because it was our last day in Florida ... sigh ... we had no intentions of heading back for any night show or activity. After naps we swam in our heated, non-heated pool for the last time.
Aubrey, lounging with her life jacket on, IN an innertube (pretty good idea, actually), sipping on her frozen lemonade (not really).

At a reasonable hour the next morning,
backing out of our condo driveway............
Yes, yes, we definitely need to go back!
SOON!
(and it won't be soon enough...)

1 comment:

Megan Kane said...

Soarin'!! Definitely a fave in our house. Sean rigged Cole's
shoes to make him a smidgen taller to ensure he was able to get on the ride...yes, we are rebels.