Sunday, June 19, 2011

Finally!

Do you smell that??Oh, no ... not the pie!

That's the smell of VICTORY!
A pie that isn't liquid!
I have had a rather unsuccessful run with baking pies lately. And by lately I mean, over the last few years. I can form the crap out of the peaks in my meringue, but do you think I can get the filling to set up? No. So Casey went from requesting lemon meringue pie to blueberry pie. Well, I made one that was okay, but the last blueberry pie I baked was dubbed "blueberry soup". By me. I think I just need a new recipe, but cutting into a liquid center doesn't exactly encourage one to continue trying new things.

So ... we (I) will be relishing in this Triple Berry Cherry Pie success for as long as we (I) can before I'm asked to attempt something new. At that point, wish me luck!