Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Baby #2

Yesterday was ultrasound day - my favorite!
.
The baby looked great - I could watch for hours! All the wiggling and squirming ... so many movements I don't feel yet and lots that I do. All that kicking and moving inside is one of my favorite parts about being pregnant (I know I'm not alone on this). If my pregnancy with Mallory is any indication, Casey should be able to feel this baby kicking by the end of March or shortly after that!

...here's the cute little profile...

...a cuddly 3D view...
(though that elbow is liiiiittle bony)
...my favorite...
...not a lot of fat on HER bones yet, but it's coming...
So ... yes ... she'll be our second girl! I couldn't decide if we'd have a cute little "Casey" running around here or another spunky girl ... we're so excited for Mallory to have a baby sister!
.

I thought it'd be fun to compare. Here's a shot of Mallory at 24 weeks (4 weeks ahead of where I am now). We were trying to guess if the new baby will have as much hair as Mallory did when she's born ... it seems impossible!
It's hard to believe that we're half way there! Though I do think the second half is the hardest. So ... the weeks ahead hold many more kicks, lots of night waking to pee, ha, apparently snoring (GASP - ask Casey about last night...) and of course, enjoyment. Here's to trying to appreciate the calm before the storm of having a second babe to chase around.
.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

The Story of the Murphys said...

You got some really great pics. I love feeling the baby too! I think you will be surprised how fast time will go the 2nd time around! Are you sharing names too????

Katie said...

YAY sweet baby girl! She is stunning!!!