Friday, February 19, 2010

Perspective

Have you ever seen one of those email forwards with the pictures of little kids getting into the most ridiculous stuff? Like unrolling several rolls of toilet paper or somehow opening and dumping a can of latex paint everywere or drawing all over their face with Mom's makeup? Well, it was always interesting and hilarious to me that those moms were able to snap a picture before completely freaking out.

What I'm trying to say is this ... having a camera puts a lot of things in perspective because I've learned to see the funny side of things in the moment instead of getting upset and realizing later that I overreacted. Or maybe it's just being a mom that leads to the understanding that exploration is normal regardless of how many times you've already told your toddler NOT to put her hand in or eat the dog food.

It's all about perspective and a sense of humor for me. So yesterday when I heard the sound of scattering dog food on the kitchen floor my immediate reaction was to run and grab my camera to capture the chaos. It was bound to happen sooner or later ... hundreds of little pieces of dog food can be quite intriguing.

No comments: