Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Closet Update

Remember this??
I figured you wanted an update ... actually I'm sure you didn't, but I finally got the rest of the shelves up, so you're getting an update anyway. Everyone loves a good "before and after". Lots of room to grow into on this side...This is what started it all... oh, and see those 1x2s on the floor? Since it's the basement and we've had a history of water problems (pre-sump pump era) and leaking, my dad got me in the habit of propping everything up on scrap strips of wood. In the event of a leak or whatever, nothing gets ruined. It has saved us more times than I care to remember. (Not so much an issue with plastic tubs, but why risk it??)There's a little room to grow into. The tubs are filled with Mallory's "too small" clothes (what else do you do with them??) so they'll be rotated out soon enough. Some off-season, non-maternity clothes and blankets, pillows, etc.
This shot kind of looks like a disaster, but there's a method. The black bag is "too big for Mallory - Finley clothes" and behind that a space bag that needs replacing. Also, we don't use that door, so the bottom shelf sticks out in front of it and I considered it wall space to hang some bags.


One more section of organized heaven in our house. Casey was losing sleep over it, just ask him. :)

No comments: