Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trip to Atlanta

So, I've been home almost 4 weeks, but figured I'd share the few pictures I took while I was away in Atlanta. Literally ... these are it. Eh, well. Conference was super-jam-packed this year and we didn't have much free time in between PartyLite "activities", what can I say?

You all know how much I love food, so I couldn't go without mentioning our lunch adventure on day 1 at Ted's Montana Grill. Their claim to fame is their use of all recycled materials from paper drinking straws to take-out boxes to menus to soap. I shared (sharing food, yes, it's unusual for me) a BISON burger, yum, this SIDE of onion rings with a friend. Amazing food!


Our short walk to the conference center every day took us right through Centennial Olympic Park ... showcase of the 1996 Olympics. Pretty fun to watch all the kiddos in the water, mostly because I would have joined them ...
Such is the case on a lot of vacations that you don't end up spending much time in your room. As a result, we've learned to pack as many in a room as they'll let us at the cheapest hotel possible. This year's lucky winner was the "Quality Inn" and quality it really was not. From standing water in the shower every morning (mmmm) to the leaky ceiling to the non-matching border it gave us new jokes every day. HOWEVER, the service was surprisingly good and the daily FREE breakfast was enough to make it all worth it! Seriously. Again with the food. I had a fresh belgian waffle every morning that nearly convinced me to buy my own waffle maker.
Also on our walk ... a frame-worthy door. I dig it.
Lamest "vacation/trip" summary ever, but you had probably forgotten I even went to Atlanta, so it all evens out in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW MUCH WERE THOSE ONION RINGS??


--someone who paid entirely too much for sub-par rings...