Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Ordeal

Disclaimer: I apologize in advance as I'm well aware that this is a "had-to-be-there" moment, but even so I just can't not share the hilarity.

Dad and Lynn's reception not only included really yummy food (by the same caterer we had at our wedding), family and friends ... there were also yard games to be had.

Ladder golf was the game of choice and it never fails that one of the "balls", in a fit of rage or frustration (thank you to my cousin Andy :)), ends up in a tree twenty feet off the ground. Brilliant.As it turns out, it was OUR game, but after several (too many) failed attempts to retrieve it from the tree (hello, rope wrapped around the tiniest branch in the world) and learning we could buy more "balls", we opted to call it a loss. Or so I thought.

Fifteen minutes later I turn around to see this................My ever competitive husband wasn't going to take no for an answer ... he was standing on a picnic table with ... wait, what is that? Oh right, he disassembled the ladder itself in order to create a "tool" he could dislodge the ball with. (Mind you, this is after a handful of arrogant and determined guys threw footballs, softballs and other objects at the tree for over half an hour ... no lie.)

Well, looking like he might actually have a chance at getting it loose, I moved in for a closer look. And, what do you know? Eventually, he did.

This is honestly the best part and I'm upset that I didn't remember not to turn my camera while shooting the video (and also unhappy to report that I still haven't installed the software my brother lent me which I'm sure would have allowed me to turn the video, but I digress...)
So, my dad watches Nascar. Casey likes to give my dad a hard time about how every driver, in every interview, is notorious for name dropping their sponsor and that each driver sounds identical to the next. Hopefully you'll get it after watching the video ... I promise it's funny. (It also helps that Casey managed to flawlessly pull off the interview.)

No comments: