Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mallory's Baptism

We had Mallory's baptism at Holy Angels Catholic Church on Saturday. Casey and I were married there four years ago. I wish we had thought to record the ceremony - Father Jerry did a great job.

We are very blessed to have such a beautiful little girl. She looked fabulous in her white gown covered with little embroidered shamrocks and enjoyed the day so much she actually laughed out loud (LOL?) when we walked up for communion. Casey was walking behind me, Mallory looking over my shoulder at him, and he must have looked especially funny because the people in the aisle seats were smiling in reaction to her laughter.


Mallory reached straight for the pitcher the first time Father poured the water on her head.
She looked like she might have something to say, but decided to keep it to herself.




Casey, Mallory and I with Father Jerry
My brother, Kevin and Casey's sister, Shannon
(Left to Right) My mom and her husband, Dan, my dad and his fiancee, Lynn, my brother and his wife, Jill holding their daughter, Ember and my Grandpa Hammen.
With Casey's mom and dad
(Left to Right...sort of) Casey's sister-in-law, Megan, her son, Braden and Finley's foot. (The kids all did extremely well during mass and the baptism (after mass) but pictures were pushing it...Finley was behind Megan for this picture :)) Casey's sister, Shannon, brother-in-law, Steve, far right. Shannon has their son Cole and Casey's mom is standing with their son Kane. But you all knew that already, since the only people that are reading this are members of Casey's or my family. So yes, there will be a test.
Cute and yummy cake (and in the background...the tastiest cookies on the block. Chocolate crackles...look like a cookie, taste like a brownie. Scandalous. Thanks, Meg!)
My cousin, Megan..."Is it 'legal' to drink a beer with a baby sleeping on your shoulder?" In hindsight it unintenionally looks like a shameless plug for Miller Lite.

2 comments:

Megan's Munchkins said...

totally agree that Mallory was the best lookin' lady in church Sunday...and totally laughed at the "who's who" (your comment that the only people reading were family...tee hee hee.).

Megan's Munchkins said...

i meant saturday...DUH