Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fun Friday

A day in the life...

Freak mama out by mysteriously turning on mobile after my nap...
...with my foot, er...toes. {check}

Look super cute and innocent, as always. {check}

Get visibly excited when cousin Ember comes over to play. {working on that}
"Hey cous, um...what do you want to do?? You like to kick it without socks on too, huh?"
Get alternate view of living room by moving to different chair. {check}
"Yea, I like this chair better too. We were so far apart before."
Discuss the many hairstyle options available to me. {check}
"Don't be upset. I've noticed your hair is a lot fuller lately, Ember...just be patient."
Remember to save hair care conversations for play dates with Aubrey. {check}
"Where did Ember go? I'm bored."

Teach Ember leg lifts to build core muscles. {check}
"Lift them up and then slowly lower. It gets easier with practice."See what Ember has to say. {check}
"Okay, Mallory, enough exercise. Where's your mom?"

Take advantage of nice weather. {check}
"Hey Aunt Kari, we're in serious need of fresh air. Can we go for a walk?"

Hide enthusiasm for walks. {check}
"I feel you've been holding out on me for the last 6 months. There's a lot to look at around here, Mom."

Contemplate life in general. {check}
"I wonder what we're having for dinner tonight..."

What an exciting day! My brother dropped Ember off after work on Friday so he could go pick up their new vehicle. It was one of three nice days last week, so when Mallory and Ember asked to go for a walk, I couldn't refuse. Imagine the looks I got pushing a 6-month-old in a stroller while carrying a 3-month-old in a baby carrier. Hmm...good times though! Both girls were super happy to be outside (I'd like to think) and you can't even tell that Ember has a nasty cold!

1 comment:

Jessie Marie said...

what a fun post! thanks for sharing the play date the two girls had. i especially like the little comment about the multiple hairstyles mallory can sport. hehe