Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Year's Eve in IL

Casey, Mallory and I (and Claddagh) spent New Year's Eve in IL since we were in WI for Christmas. Just pretend it hasn't taken me three weeks to post these pictures. The only pictures I took were on New Year's Eve even though we were there for four days. We relaxed for most of the day and opened gifts in the evening, first the kids, then MUCH later, we adults.
Doesn't Mallory look thrilled? We need to work on her 'stage presence'.
Mallory with Auntie Shannon
Goodness. Two of our spirited nephews, Braden and Kane.
I quickly learned what happens when you ask a 5 and 6 year old to "do something funny". (Little boys think butts are hysterical!)
An attempt at a "self" photo. Pretty good, I thought.
I'm not sure the wide-open-mouth face is working for her either...
Mallory with Meme
Humans have the red-eye phenomenon...it appears dogs have the blue-eye phenomenon.I was CRACKING up taking these pictures of Braden (will be 6 on February 10th). I snapped the first shot after he crawled into the room with a blanket over his head. He was in a hilarious mood (well, actually he was just being a 5 year old)...so every time I pointed the camera at him he would smile but then RIGHT before the shutter closed he would switch up his face or do something silly. I wanted to post all 15 (literally) but I opted for a few highlights.

He didn't move fast enough on this shot - gotcha!!
Tongues also have a "funny-factor" for little kids...
This one is my favorite. Who DOES that??
Miss Fin and "Baby Ma-wa-wee"

Cole was apparently MIA...I only got pics of three of the four kids...My guess is he was either napping or eating.


Haha...Finley was very excited to pose with this little stool. Again...I have no idea.
I imagine her thinking, "It's like the paparazzi in here!"
Megan, this is honestly the ONLY picture I have of you and Mallory. We may need to have a "Mallory and Aunt Mo" photo shoot. (Though sadly, I think I have equally as many pictures of her and I together...) She appears to be contemplating the conversation we were having about your house plans. A couple shots in the midst of the chaos that was the kids' gift opening.
Baby Mallory's PILE of gifts...this girl wants for nothing. She was spoiled with lots of fun toys and new outfits. (She was napping while the "big kids" opened.)
Yay! SO exciting - Braden received a tool bench from Meme and Grandad which was exclusively hand-crafted by Dave (my dad).
There was a special note inside the drawer, "Always wear your safety glasses and don't hit Finley with a hammer." That's good advice!! Cole with his new NERF Tommy Gun - great gift Uncle Seanie!!
He meant business too! What a fashion statement...sporting his new apron from Aunt Mo.
Granny with Mallory
I officially have no pictures of us adults opening gifts. (I'll have to practice spreading the camera love...) I took this picture after Mallory nearly fell off Grandad's knee from exhaustion. She was falling asleep WHILE he opened a gift. Poor girl had a long day...she slept here while we finished opening.
New Year's Day...Traditionally the Galesburg Mafia gets together on NYE to celebrate, everyone stays overnight and gets up the next morning to cook a big breakfast. Times have changed, but we still try to gather when we can.......this is Cole cracking eggs for the crew. I think he cracked two dozen-ish in all. That's a lot of dedication from 2 year old. (And the eggs were YUM-O...way to go, Shan. Meg made a plate of killer fried eggs too....)
Welcome to 2009! (...better late than never...)

No comments: