Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend in IL

We spent last weekend in Illinois and had an early celebration for Casey's 28th birthday.
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
(Casey's favorite cake...Chocolate Eclair. I attempted to make one of his favorite pies, banana cream, last night for his birthday and failed miserably. It tastes fantastic, but something tells me you're not supposed to eat it from a bowl with a spoon. I give up on baking when physics is involved, i.e. the filling has to set or thicken. I made it from scratch. Now, I am fairly certain I could pull it off if I used a pudding mix, but I'm not making any promises. His other favorite is lemon meringue pie, that has never really gone my way either. I'll leave these both up to his grandmother. Nobody makes a better pie than Gran anyway...)
Crazy Uncle Seanie
Mallory laughing a her Uncle Stevie...
I swear she would laugh at him even in her sleep.
Mallory has 4 cousins who love her to death.
They lovingly maul her every time she enters the room.
(kids clockwise from the left: Kane, Finley, Braden, Cole)
Meme and her granddaughters
Cole and Finley "holding" Mallory
Left to right: Kane, Cole, Mallory, Finley, Braden
Isn't this a lovely picture of Cole's finger?? Funny little kid...
Cole making sure Mallory is never bored.
Finley "patting" Mallory's tummy.
Our little munchkin
Cole and Finley introducing Mallory to the Backyardigans
(whether she wants to meet them or not :))
Attack of the Backyardigans!!
P.S. Mallory will have a 5th cousin tomorrow!!
My sister-in-law, Jill is being induced in the morning!

1 comment:

The Story of the Murphys said...

I am not going to say that we gave the Buckeyes a win for Casey's birthday, rather we felt bad about destroying their good season last year!!!!