Saturday, November 22, 2008

Doggie Nostalgia

After looking back through the last year with Buckeye, I decided to take a look at some old pictures of my first Cairn Terrier, Toto. My dad and I got him from the Humane Society when I was a freshman in high school. He was such a great dog.

Wow...who's this young kid?? That would be Casey in 2002! (check out our nasty old couch) This was a frequent location for Toto...Casey would laugh because when I sat down Toto would be in my lap before my butt hit the chair.
So crazy to see how different his coloring was compared to Buckeye's.



He looks like a lump right here...maybe the vet's concern that he was slightly overweight was valid...hmm...
Both of my boys like to sleep...
OMG...this was January 2007. I took Toto to get a haircut at a different groomer than normal. Long story short, she BUTCHERED his haircut. The worst part was what followed were the coldest weeks of our WI winter. I literally had to wrap him in a blanket when he came back inside to get him to stop shivering. It actually gave us a few laughs...poor Toto.
This makes me smile but it also makes me a little sad. If you look closely, you can see a TOOTH peeking out of the corner of Toto's beard. Hilarious! This was one of FOUR teeth he had left. Unfortunately he was such an old dog (we think 14 yrs old) we had to have most of his teeth pulled due to rotting and decay. Casey and I had endless laughs about our toothless wonder. It makes me a little sad because little did I know it was the last picture I would ever take...we had to put him to sleep two days later. Toto was my first dog, my little buddy and he lived a great life!

No comments: