Saturday, November 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Buckeye! (and Rudy)

Okay, this post is well overdue - Buckeye and his brother, Rudy (who lives with my dad) turned one year old on November 4th! After losing Toto, my Cairn terrier of 10 years, last September, Casey surprised me with Buckeye for Christmas. It's fun looking back at pictures of him as a tiny puppy...have a look!

Here is a picture the breeder sent to Casey during the 'buying' process... (Rudy happens to be the puppy in the background.)
A picture of the litter on the day Casey and my dad went to get Buckeye...I think he's second from the left.

The big surprise...I...had...no...idea! Casey brought the basket into the room and, with an obvious Wizard of Oz reference, said, "This basket fell off the back of a mean old lady's bike." I was caught so off guard he didn't even have a name for three days. Oh...and in the end I was the one that named him Buckeye.

Just like a baby...he slept A LOT during those first few weeks.
Buckeye (left) and his brother Rudy (right) during a play date at my dad's house.

We fenced in an area on our deck so we could let Buckeye out the patio door to 'do his business'. As he grew he jumped over the board on more than one occasion. Terriers are nothing if not persistent. It will be interesting to see how he does in the snow this winter.
From time to time we take Buckeye (and Claddagh) to doggie daycare a the same center where I took both of them for training. Well...they also dabble in other things, i.e. swimming. We have discovered Buckeye LOVES swimming.
Buckeye loves to look out the window and bark at anything that walks by or moves...including a random leaf.
Sometimes curiousity comes with consequences...
This is what happens when I leave a basket of (clean) laundry on the floor unattended.

Buckeye and Claddagh enjoying a yummy treat (Frosty Paws doggie ice cream!!) on Buckeye's birthday!

No comments: