Monday, November 3, 2008

A New Little Pumpkin is on the Way

This Saturday my mom and I had a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Jill (brother's wife) and baby girl Ember. Jill is 8 months pregnant - due November 28th. The shower was at my house in the garage. Thankfully it turned out to be a gorgeous fall day! I LOVE FALL!

Fun game prizes, a pumpkin pull apart cake and yes, folks, that is a diaper pumpkin.
The menu consisted of a yummy chicken pot pie in a biscuit 'cup', a pumpkin cheese ball that looked so professional the picture belonged in Better Homes and Gardens (hehe), veggies and dip, HOT APPLE CIDER and a few other delicious dishes.
A cute pumpkin centerpiece
We borrowed some corn stalks as well as some straw bales to spice things up a bit. Here's Jill with all of her lovely gifts.
Another angle...check out that adorable belly!!
These are some of the goodies I got for Jill. The embroidered burp cloths and blanket were a collaborative gift. My sister-in-law, Megan has an embroidery machine, so I asked her to personalize a few things for me. Thanks Megan, they were a hit - she LOVED them!!

Some other fun gifts...

This was Mallory's first baby shower - she enjoyed all of the attention!
(Meme, check out her dress! SO CUTE!)My cousins, Brittney and Jackie, and my Aunt Sherie
(Congrats to Jackie who recently found out she's pregnant! Another baby in the family!!!)Everybody's favorite - SHOWER GAMES!
(The lovely lady in the center happens to be my dad's new fiance)My mom, Jill and me

It was a WONDERFUL afternoon with lots of great company and nice weather. Now the waiting continues... we can't wait to meet that beautiful little baby!!

3 comments:

Megan's Munchkins said...

Kari...The Shower looks like it was a great time!! I can't believe that is your garage!! And of course Mallory is still a keeper...(so I dont have to comment on every post!!) Tell your husband he is never an "outsider" and I am sure he would love Starbucks......

Shannon said...

Really cute! I love all the burp cloths and blanket. Mo is wicked talented! How much did all that embrodiery cost? We have a teacher who is having a baby in February and that looks adorable. IT would be a great gift and I would want to make sure Mo was getting a fair deal as well! You can email me at school tomorrow if you get a chance. BTW, that Mallory is gorgeous. I miss her to pieces!

The Story of the Murphys said...

Wow Kari, I am impressed! The shower looks like it was fantastic. The fall theme was a great idea. I love the burp cloths that Megan made. I was disappointed I didn't win the apron she made. :) I am glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Hopefully, I can actually meet you and Mallory one of these holidays. Mallory is a doll and I can't get over how much hair she has. We are headed to the U of I vs. OSU game this weekend. Our family will be split as I went to U of I and my grandpa actually played football for OSU. He will be glad to hear he has some support up in Wisconsin. Have a good rest of the week!