Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Bed Fit for a Princess

When Casey and I found out I was pregnant, we immediately started to think of ways to tell our families. Since my dad is a self-made MASTER CRAFTSMAN I couldn't think of any better way to tell him he was months away from being a grandpa than to ask him if he could build us a crib. The look on his face was priceless and of course he accepted the challenge. I knew the finished product would be nothing less than perfect and it's something that can be passed down to our grandchildren's grandchildren and so on. Anyway, my dad finished it just in the nick of time - he brought it over three days before Mallory arrived!

Since my dad is going to be a grandpa for the second time in about two months from now, he's currently busy finishing a SECOND crib for my niece. Looking for a beautiful piece of furniture, but can't find quite what you're looking for? This man can build anything for the right price. *wink*

Stay tuned for updated pictures of the nursery - I didn't get around to hanging everything as Mallory showed up a week early.

No comments: