Tuesday, April 28, 2009

thank you, little girl i don't know

Thank you, anonymous little girl in the West Bend area. Thank you for outgrowing your adorable, painted, four poster bed. I'm guessing you're not little anymore and your parents (or you, since I'm sure you have an opinion) thought it was time to move into a full or queen size bed. The bigger version of a big girl bed. I promise Mallory will love it like any little girl should.

Also, thank you to your parents for donating it to the local St. Vincent de Paul. (And thank you to St. Vinnie's for only charging $35.88 for it!)
Thank you, little girl, for deciding you could do without this small dresser and fantastic-for-our-average-sized-bedrooms storage solution of a hutch. You've probably moved on to more age appropriate storage...a chic bookshelf or a practical desk. This will be perfect for Mallory some day. I imagine she will be very particular about which animals are allowed to sleep on each shelf and which toys and keepsakes are worthy of being displayed. This is all, of course, several years from now, since she doesn't yet know these things matter to little girls.
Lastly, thanks for this extremely versatile dresser/chest/oversized night table. I can see this piece living on long after the others. Mallory could re-purpose this many times over, as a catch all for crayons and trinkets or treasures from outside like week-old dandelions she thought were pretty or a rock in the shape of a heart. Oh, and a special thanks for the yellow, smiley face band-aid. I'm guessing there was no extra charge for that. (click on the picture to see it...)
I appreciate the pieces matching, though I can't promise they'll continue to look this way. I hope you'll forgive us if we paint them. It's too soon to tell how they'll end up.
.
Phone call between Casey and I the day Meme and I found these pieces at St. Vinnies:
Me: (smiling) Hi, so........I found a bed and some other pieces for Mallory's room.
Casey: (confused) A bed? Does she need a bed?
Me: (matter of factly) Well, not today, but someday she will.
Casey: (laughing because he knows I'm not asking for permission) You know she's 6 months old, right?
Me: (anxious) Yes, but how can I leave them here when they're so perfect?
Casey: (mildly sarcastic and still laughing) You're absolutely right, we need to have them. I can't wait to see them.
Me: (happy) Okay, I just wanted to make sure you felt the same way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari! These are perfect! And what a great deal!!! I cant wait to see what you do/dont do with them! Be sure to post pictures!

Sara Bille

The Baker Family said...

These are such beautiful pieces!! I too can't wait to see what you do with them!! What a great deal!!! :)

The Story of the Murphys said...

Love them and the deal you got on them! Even better I love Casey's responses. I always knew that he would find a wife that would end up ruling the house! :)

Megan's Munchkins said...

So funny!! You are soooo organized!! We have no idea what Fin will be sleeping in in the new house. At this rate she will stay in the crib. I guess I better start thinking about that. You said you got the bed when we were there, I didn't hear about the chests, GOOD deal! AND next time don't call Rock....you knew you liked them and they were "cheap" :) !!!