Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ben 10 & Dinosaurs

We spent the weekend in IL celebrating Kane and Cole's birthdays. The par-tay took place at Happy Joe's Jungle Bungle. It's a great place for kids with a gi-normous jungle gym play structure and many, many arcade games.

Mallory was dead tired during the party, but she still got her share of fun. Kane and Cole had their own "party room" separate from all the craziness...here she is hanging out with Grandad.
Cole will be 3 on April 10th and Kane will be 7 years old on April 17th. They're 3 years and 51 weeks apart! Ha. I get a little sentimental? ...nostalgic?...I'm not sure what the word is... when I think about the fact that Casey and I have been together since before any of the kids were born. Shannon told us she was pregnant with Kane 6 months after Casey and I started dating.
What's the point in arcade games if you don't get tickets in return?? Casey hit the jackpot on a couple different games at least 5 times. We pooled our tickets at the end of the day and had something ridiculous like 2,000 tickets. Yay for Tootsie Rolls, bouncy balls and spider rings!
Skee Ball is serious business!
Dance Dance Revolution...I think it was invented to help people everywhere realize how uncoordinated they really are. (Steve seems to pull it off though.)
With birthdays a week apart, Kane and Cole have shared their day since Cole was born. It reminds me of my parties when I was little...my dad's birthday is the week after mine, so we "celebrated" together. I'm sure my dad loved sharing my "Strawberry Shortcake" cake. Another one that sticks out in my head: "Happy Birthday, Kari and Dad" with a figure skater on it...thankfully we share an affinity for chocolate cake, so it probably didn't matter so much how it was decorated. Annnnyway, Kane had a Ben 10 cake and Cole's was covered in Dinosaur skeletons.
Back at the house, opening presents...
"Sweet, my 348th light saber!"
Just what every little girl dreams of...Ben 10.
Barbies...she don't need no stinkin' Barbies.
Here we go again with the teasing every uncle is entitled to. Casey has been telling Kane for MONTH'S that he was getting Kane socks for his birthday (actually, he said it before Christmas too). Just what every 7-year-old hopes for. Well, we couldn't let him call our bluff...we put his gift inside a pair of Casey's socks. The look on his face was PRICELESS when he pulled them out of the bag. With his best forced smile he said "Thanks for the socks, Uncle Rock." If Casey hadn't told him it was a joke, it had serious melt-down potential...and rightly so!
Accessories for his Wii-fit...
Yet one more hair faux pas from Mallory.
"Look, I feedin' her."

No comments: