Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grandpa's Life Celebration

My grandpa's 91st birthday was yesterday (Aug. 23rd) and we got together at the lake as a family on Sunday to celebrate his birthday and his life. Here are some of the highlights...

Mallory looks like such a big girl in this picture - how does that happen??
Mallory and Ember got to ride on Uncle Mark's boat and they both LOVED it! There were many squeals and laughs coming from these two. When I took this picture I heard Uncle Mark say, "If those vests could talk..." as they were a part of many memories throughout the years.
Grandpa's sister - Great Aunt Elaine
Lynn and Aunt Sue
Uncle Mark
These next four were taken at top speeds...
Hilarious!!
Megan & Kevin
Abby spent most of the day this way. BORING. :)
This giant cart of stuff wasn't ours, but I could see Ember had big ideas about what she was going to do with it all. Right after I took this picture she turned around and flashed me a big "I'm up to something" grin.
We shared memories and pictures ... lots swimming and a boat ride or two. The weather was beautiful, we had good company and Grandpa would have loved it...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

love all this!

Meggie Dials said...

How does Mallory look so grown up! I can't get over it. I think I may have had that same swimsuit when I was a kid. :) Your girls are beautiful. And also...didn't you just have a baby?! You look amazing.