Friday, July 3, 2009

Father's Day (two weeks late!)

On Father's Day every year as long as I can remember there has been a standing invitation to spend the day on Big Cedar Lake. My Uncle Mark and Aunt Sue live nearby and have always "hosted" our family for a day of relaxation and fun ... including, but not limited to: boat rides, paddle boating, swimming (in bathing suits or fully dressed), food, volleyball, yard games, family, tree climbing (a first this year), conversation, and more food.

Mallory and Daddy on his first Father's Day.
...hmm, what to play with next...
A mouthful of watermelon.
She looks like an old man with no teeth.
(I apologize in advance to any old men out there with no teeth.)
...this one made me giggle...
I imagined Fruit Loops being "fruitier".
A nice "family tree," don't you think?
Cousins Matt & Melissa in the tree -
Uncle Jim and Megan standing by.
...what goes up must come down...
Uncle Kevin is funny!
The product of taking a picture while Mallory is holding the lens cap attached to the camera.
Megan and Mallory

This year the talk of the day was the fact that the grandbabies (my grandpa's grandkids - Kevin and I) have babies ... Mallory and Ember. Such is life, such a beautiful thing.

No comments: