Sunday, June 7, 2009

Book Update

So, I gave Claddagh the benefit of the doubt with the "Very Hungry Caterpillar" book she nibbled on the other day. I thought, oh well, she gave the book a little character. There was no reason to throw it away since you still read all the words. After all, even as a brand new copy it has holes in it, right? ... now it's a conversation starter.

Casey and I got together with some friends last night and had quite the surprise waiting when we came home. We left the dogs out of their crates (recent experiment ... not going as well as we'd hoped with Claddagh) and everything was up off the floor. Apparently Claddagh had only snacked on the book the first time.

I didn't take a picture of last night's mess, but just picture little paper pieces covering every inch of the floor, Casey and I staring in disbelief. What I don't understand is that there was a basket of toys on top of the book and it was pushed out of the way, untouched.

I guess she had it out for the caterpillar from the very beginning. Now I just wish we'd had a camera set up so we could play back how it all went down. Maybe Buckeye started the whole thing, who knows?

No comments: