Monday, November 16, 2009

New Lamps! Or are they??

These lamps were OLD and OUTDATED.
Sorry, Mom ... I know they were in style when you bought them 30 years ago.
It was time to do something.
Rather than get rid of them, why not make them work?
I unscrewed the lamps and discovered they were actually two pieces - excellent! So ... good bye to the big bell at the bottom (and the HUGE shades!). Then, my dad cut two circles for each lamp and routed the edges.
Off to the garage for a little spray paint ...
Two new shades - and VOILA!
They're not as shiny as they look, I promise ...
Ta Da!
All for the price of two new shades from Wal-Mart!
Who would guess they're not brand new?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nicely done! I'm impressed!

The Story of the Murphys said...

Nice job, you are getting crafty like your sister in law! :) Can you come to my house for a couple of days!?!?!